This post has been read 5807 times!
September 27, 2013- By Steven E. Greer
The BPCA board meeting today can be viewed in its entirety on the video. In summary:
- The meeting began with a 30-minute discussion of a recent state audit, and why the BPCA will no longer give grants to charitable organizations.
- The plan to go to the bond market to raise more than $300 Million in revenue is proceeding now. The hold up caused by Comptroller Liu was resolved.
- $2.2 Million was approved to begin the early stages of designing a West Thames bridge.
- Brookfield has plans for a small ice rink of the plaza where outdoor dining is currently.
- The lease for the Wagner Park restaurant Gigino was debated in private. We do not know the outcome. (It has the best view of any restaurant in the city, and we can do better. Gigino is horrible, in our opinion)
- The BPCA seemed to have made yet another unnecessary hire of a “secretary”. Phyllis Taylor claimed she had been doing this job currently, justifying the need to hire someone. Recall, insiders have accused (here and here) the Mehiel BPC administration of firing old employees, and hiring cronies at a higher salary.