Exclusive: Picasso Pizza shut down by the health department
This post has been read 2648 times!
Update: February 6, 2012
Picasso is reopened now after what they described as “renovations”. However, the place looks the same. The sign out front even is broken, missing some lights.
The “redecorated” “new” Picasso
November 21, 2011
The Battery Park City “Broadsheet” reported this morning that Picasso Pizza, on South End Avenue, was closed for renovations. That is incorrect. In fact, the New York City Department of Health shut them down. From the Health Department website:
|Violations recorded in the following area (s), a Notice of Violation issued and establishment ordered closed by the Department of Health at the initial operational cycle inspection conducted on 11/18/2011.
|“Critical” violations are displayed in red.
|Violation points: 66Sanitary Violations
1) Hot food item not held at or above 140º F.
2) Food worker does not use proper utensil to eliminate bare hand contact with food that will not receive adequate additional heat treatment.
3) Evidence of mice or live mice present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas.
4) Live roaches present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas.
5) Personal cleanliness inadequate. Outer garment soiled with possible contaminant. Effective hair restraint not worn in an area where food is prepared.
6) Food not protected from potential source of contamination during storage, preparation, transportation, display or service.
7) Facility not vermin proof. Harborage or conditions conducive to attracting vermin to the premises and/or allowing vermin to exist.
8 Canned food product observed dented and not segregated from other consumable food items.
9) Non-food contact surface improperly constructed. Unacceptable material used. Non-food contact surface or equipment improperly maintained and/or not properly sealed, raised, spaced or movable to allow accessibility for cleaning on all sides, above and underneath the unit.
Closed by Health Department
|303 SOUTH END AVENUE MANHATTAN 10280
This entry was posted in Uncategorized
. Bookmark the permalink