This post has been read 724 times!
Jerome Powell, the Chairman of the Federal Reserve, was testifying before the Senate today. He specifically mentioned the rise in prices of fertilizer that will increase the costs to raise crops.
Last night, Tucker Carlson had on a guest who farms 16,000 acres in Iowa. He detailed the rising costs he faces and said that the Russian sanctions could double his costs to raise crops (Russia is a large supplier of fertilizer).
If the U.S. sanctions Russia, look for a doubling of all food prices by September. There will also be empty shelves.
All of this will drive inflation and cause the Fed to raise interest rates more than expected. The stock market is an asset bubble. This house of cards will collapse.
Greer knows. Greer always knows.
Update March 7, 2022- The stock markets sank 3% specifically on worries that Russia will increase food prices (and oil).
Update April 1, 2021-
- Putin “West’s policies could lead to massive famine”
- Nancy Pelosi admits Democrat policies “made [inflation] happen,” then condescendingly insists that’s just “the way it is”
- NPR: Food prices are going up — and at levels Americans haven’t seen in decades
Update April 22-
- Another food processing plant gets hit and finally someone is covering it.
- Milan, Italy… citizens destroyed by tyrannical covid rules lining up for food rations
Update May 14, 2022- WSJ: Rising Food Prices Roil Developing World- War in Ukraine is exacerbating pandemic supply-chain woes and worse-than-expected harvests around the world