This post has been read 3404 times!
Click here to sign the petition,
which will be sent to Governor Cuomo and BPCA Chairman Mehiel. It reads:
Dennis Mehiel, Chairman and CEO, BPCA
Andrew Cuomo, Governor of New York
The BPCA has now had numerous administrations removed after state investigations found wrongdoing. It is time for fundamental changes to deal with this systematic corruption.
Changes that we the people of Battery Park City demand are as follows:
1. Board members must live in Battery Park City
2. There be quarterly Town Hall meetings with the BPCA Chairman and CEO present
3. There be a new group of real BPC citizens that is represented on the BPCA board, and those members of this new entity cannot also be on the conflicted Community Board 1 of the city
4. Establish a community election program whereby portions of the BPCA board are elected rather than appointed. The BPCA board chairman or chairwoman must be elected.
5. Return the community to the previous levels of maintenance.
6. Stop raising bonds, then giving the money to the city
7. Stop giving the hundreds of millions per year in revenue surplus to the city and state. Re-invest the surplus in the community for infrastructure and for lowering common charges. 8. Invest in upgrading the entire design of the area with a $100 Million project using a professional urban design center. BPC was never properly design in the 1970’s and 1980’s.
9. Bring in new grocery stores
10. Failing these points, the city should invoke their option to take over and incorporate BPC into the city.