The results of our North End Grill survey

This post has been read 1792 times!

The North End GrillJanuary 18, 2015- By Steven E. Greer

We have collected survey data on The North End grill over the last two weeks. The response rate was much lower than other surveys, indicating that the community does not dine at North End Grill very often. Those that do said this:

Question 1: Is the new chef and menu better?

Survey said: Only 50% said that the new guy, Chef Korsh, is an improvement. The rest had negative to neutral comments.

Question 2: What do you think of the service at North End Grill?

Survey said: 63% think that the service is still “great”. However, the other 37% feel that it is either ” inconsistent” or “very inconsistent”.

Question 3: What do you think of the outdoor sidewalk dining (which was haphazardly constructed last year after BatteryPark.TV complained that they were not using the space we created for them).

Survey said: 65% “like it”, and 35% complain that the illegally parked cars block the view. (Of note, the management at North End Grill refuses to lift a finger to help with this problem, playing neutral Switzerland).

Question 4: Would you rather have a different type of restaurant in this pace?

Survey said: 60% like it as it is. However, 40% want a new restaurant. Those are not good numbers for a restaurant aiming to be fine dining, and is consistent with the partially-full dining room now.

Question 5: Would you go to North End Grill for special occasions?

Survey said: 74% would.

The typed-in comments include:

We go there a few times a month and eat the bar menu, not in the restaurant. It has the best atmosphere of any place in BPC. The food is too expensive.”

“If I want a fine restaurant, I go uptown.”

“the burger isn’t any good anymore – they changed it”

“Seems over staffed for the level of service received”

“I don’t think they should be allowed to have the outside bar”

“We do need a nice breakfast place with normal prices

This entry was posted in Reviews. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.